To promote China-related research in financial economics, the Sun Yefang Economic Science Foundation (SYESF) established the Sun Yefang Financial Innovation Award (SYFIA) in 2013. The Award recognizes contributions that will lead to further prosperity in Chinese society. The SYFIA, based on the principles of openness and fairness, is awarded every two years. The second competition opens in June 2015.
Books published or papers published (or accepted) by Chinese and international journals from January 1, 2010 to October 31, 2015 are eligible for the Award. All eligible works shall be related to Chinese financial issues in theory and practice.
The SYFIA is sponsored by the China Financial Futures Exchange (CFFE) and is administered by SYFIA Review Committee.
The SYFIA Review Committee composes of experts and specialists from academia, financial regulatory authorities and industry. Members of the Review Committee are invited by the SYESF.
1. Preliminary examination: the Review Committee Office will conduct procedural examination of the applications.
2. Evaluation: In the first round, candidates will be chosen by a panel of external experts selected at random by the Review Committee Office. In the second round, a short list of awardees will be nominated from the chosen candidates, following by an open discussion and anonymous vote.
3. Announcement: The recommended list of awardees will be announced on the official websites of the SYESF and the National Institute of Financial Research, Tsinghua University (NIFR) for one month.
4. Approval: the list of selected awardees will be submitted to the SYESF Board of Directors for approval.
5. Award granting: the Award will be publicized and presented at the award ceremony. RMB 200,000 will be granted for Book Award winner and RMB 100,000 will be granted for Paper Award winner. The winners will be announced in the middle of 2016.
Applicants shall submit their applications before December 31, 2015.
Submission documents for the Book Award shall include:
1. A completed application form (Appendix 1);
2. Two reference letters (Appendix 3);
3. Three copies of the book.
Please send all the documents to:
Sun Yefang Financial Innovation Award Review Committee Office, PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University, 43 Chengfu Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083.
Submission documents for the Paper Award shall include:
1. A completed application form (Appendix 2);
2. Two reference letters (Appendix 3);
3. Original copy of the paper or a scanned copy of acceptance letter in PDF format.
Please send all application documents in electronic format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No charges for application.
Tel: 010-6278 1546 E-mail: email@example.com
Contact address: Sun Yefang Financial Innovation Award Review Committee Office, PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University, 43 Chengfu Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083.
- Ph.D. in Finance
- Master of Finance
- Undergraduate Minor
- Finance MBA
- Finance EMBA
- Global Finance GFD
- Executive Education
- Dual-Degree Finance MBA
- Summer Program
>Tsinghua National Institute of Financial Research
- Fintech Lab
- Monetary Policy and Financial Stability Research Center
- Minsheng Wealth Management Research Center
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Economic Growth Research Center
- Sunshine Research Center for Financial Innovation
- China Wealth Management Research Center
- Global Family Business Research Center
- China Insurance and Pension Research Center
- XIN Real Estate FinTech Research Center
- Finance and Development Research Center
- Listed Company Research Center
- Phoenix Healthcare Finance Research Center
- Center for Global Merger Acquisition and Restructuring
- Research Center for Culture and Creativity Finance
- Research Center for Capital Market and Corporate Finance
- Research Center for New Structural Financial Economics