Founded by Tsinghua University’s PBC School of Finance in 2012, the Fintech Lab is the first research entity dedicated to leading best practices, promoting interdisciplinary innovation, and encouraging entrepreneurship in the field of fintech through scientific research and innovative project incubation.
The Lab now consists of four departments, supporting basic research, quantitative research, R&D projects, and entrepreneurship education respectively. It now has a full-time research team of nearly 50 members, with core members including Tsinghua University alumni who have years of experience in the financial services industry. It is also assisted by several dozen part-time researchers and interns.
Researchers working with the Lab have completed over 50 case studies and surveyed over 100 internet finance businesses world-wide, covering 11 sub-areas of internet finance. The Lab also edits and publishes Finance@Internet Watch, a magazine devoted to this area.
Focusing on big data, the quantitative research team conducts in-depth research on risk assessment techniques. As of April 2014, it has developed and implemented independent research on Classic Credit Risk Assessment Model for Individuals and Small & Micro Businesses, Credit Assessment Model Based on Big Data, Regulation, Operation and Technical Support for Global Credit Reporting Systems, and many more. The Lab is also collaborating with multiple domestic institutions on a research project named Risk Control on Online Loaning in China.
The Lab creates incubation platforms for innovative internet finance venture companies. The projects incubated or under review include weiyangx.com, an Internet finance gateway website, ijiacai.com, a website for family finance management education, PBCSF Finance Review, and Bull’s Eye Investing Directory.
In addition, our WeChat account “iefinance” attracts a large number of followers and was nominated for a place in the top 10 most influential finance WeChat accounts in China.
A national public entrepreneurial education platform with the biggest attendee size, most seasoned faculty, and the largest presence nationwide.
The Lab benefits business startups in China and the world through hosting the China Entrepreneur Camps, creating and updating the FIN100 entrepreneur accelerator (FinanceInnovation Network), and launching an entrepreneur Q&A APP.
- Ph.D. in Finance
- Master of Finance
- Undergraduate Minor
- Finance MBA
- Finance EMBA
- Global Finance GFD
- Executive Education
- Pengjie Gao, Associate Professor of Finance, University of Notre Dame: What’s i...
- Dual-Degree Finance MBA
- Summer Program
>Tsinghua National Institute of Financial Research
- Fintech Lab
- Monetary Policy and Financial Stability Research Center
- Minsheng Wealth Management Research Center
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Economic Growth Research Center
- Sunshine Research Center for Financial Innovation
- China Wealth Management Research Center
- Global Family Business Research Center
- China Insurance and Pension Research Center
- XIN Real Estate FinTech Research Center
- Finance and Development Research Center
- Listed Company Research Center
- Phoenix Healthcare Finance Research Center
- Center for Global Merger Acquisition and Restructuring
- Research Center for Culture and Creativity Finance
- Research Center for Capital Market and Corporate Finance
- Research Center for New Structural Financial Economics