2006-2013 Ph. D. in Economics, Queen’s University, Canada
2005-2006 M.A. in Economics, University of British Columbia, Canada
2001-2005 B.A. in Economics, University of Western Ontario, Canada
2013- now Assistant Professor, PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University
2012 Lecturer, Department of Economics, Queen’s University, Canada
2010 Lecturer, Department of Economics, Queen’s University, Canada
2008 Intern, Trade Section, Embassy of Canada, USA
2007 Intern, Mergers and Acquisitions, Oppenheimer & Company, USA
Fundamental of Microeconomics
Ph.D. Theoretical Corporate Finance
Honors and Awards
Science Foundation Grant on Corporate Debt Capacity and Capital Structure,
Chinese Natural Science Foundation Grant on Macroeconomics and Rare Disaster, 2017-2020.
Chinese Natural Science Foundation Grant on Auditing Accounting and Corporate Finance, 2017-2022.
1. “Do Bondholders Value Senior Loan Lender Control Rights?”, (with Lynnette Purda and Wei Wang), 2018, Journal of Law, Finance, and Accounting, forthcoming.
2. “China’s Anti-Corruption Campaign and Credit Reallocation from SOEs to Non-SOEs”, (with Zhengwei Wang and Hao Zhou), 2017.
3. “Borrowing from Friends of Friends: Indirect Social Networks and Bank Loans”, (with Sterling Huang, Massimo Massa and Hong Zhang), 2017.
4. “The Externality of Debt Rollover: Evidence from Syndicated Lending”, 2017.
5. “How effective was the Federal Reserve's Commercial Paper Funding Facility? Evidence from stock performance and loan provisions”, 2016
6. “Debt Refinancing Risk and Corporate Misreporting”, (with Si Li and Bohui Zhang), 2016.
AEA, AFA, WFA.
1. “Do Bondholders
Value Senior Loan Lender Control Rights?”, presented at Australian National
University, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University, INSEAD,
Ivey-Smith workshop, Tsinghua University PBC School of Finance, University of
Ottawa, and University of Windsor, and American Law and Economics Association
Annual Meetings 2015, Australasian Finance and Banking Conference 2016, and
China International Conference in Finance 2017, Journal of Law, Finance, and
Accounting (JLFA) 2017 Conference, Northern Finance Association Meeting 2017,
and Financial Management Association Meeting 2017.
2. “China’s Anti-Corruption Campaign and Credit Reallocation to NonSOEs”, presented at China Financial Research Conference 2016 (Beijing), Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen), Tsinghua University, Wuhan University, NYU, CREST Paris, Peking University National School of Development, Graduate Institute Geneva Workshop, and China Financial Research Conference 2017 (Beijing; scheduled for MIT Golub Center for Finance and Policy 4th Annual Conference 2017, and 2017 SFS Finance Cavalcade Asia-Pacific.
3. “Borrowing from Friends of Friends: Indirect Social Networks and Bank”, presented at the Five-Star Workshop in Finance at PBC School of Finance.
4. “Does Debt Rollover Pressure Stifle Corporate R&D Investment?”, presented at the Peking University Guanghua School of Management, 2014; the PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University, 2013; Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, 2013; Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business, 2013; and Queen's University, 2012; the Northern Finance Association meeting, 2013; the Midwest Finance Association meeting, 2013.
5. “How effective was the Federal Reserve's Commercial Paper Funding Facility? Evidence from stock performance and loan provisions”, presented at Renmin University, 2014; CEA Annual Meeting 2012.