2014 – Now Tsinghua University, PBC School of Finance
2016 summer Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Business School
Visiting Assistant Professor
2008-2014 Ph.D. in Economics, Columbia University
Committee members: Kent Daniel, Paul Tetlock, Patrick Bolton, Joseph Stiglitz, and Jushan Bai.
2004-2008 B.A. in Economics, B.S. in Mathematics, Peking University (With highest honor)
Empirical Asset Pricing
. “Asset Pricing When Traders Sell Extreme Winners and Losers” (previously distributed under the name “The V-shaped Disposition Effect”), Review of Financial Studies, 2016, Vol. 29 (3), 823-861.
Award: Chicago Quantitative Alliance (CQA) Academic Competition, First Prize, 2014.
Crowell Memorial Prize, PanAgora Asset Management, Third Prize, 2014.
Media Coverage: CFA Digest
. “Barriers to Long-Term Cross-Border Investing: A Survey of Institutional Investor Perceptions” (with Rachel Harvey, Patrick Bolton, Laurence Wilse-Sampson, and Frederic Samama), Rotman International Journal of Pension Management, 2014, Vol. 7 (2).
. “V-shaped Disposition: Mutual Fund Trading Behavior and Price Effects” (with Bronson Argyle), Feb 2015.
• Presented at the 2015 EFMA annual conference and 2015 Red Rock Finance Conference.
. “Lottery-Related Anomalies: The Role of Reference-Dependent Preferences” (with Huijun Wang, Jian Wang, and Jianfeng Yu), June 2016.
• Presented at 2015 NFA, 2016 FIRS, 2016 CICF, 2016 EFA conferences and scheduled for 2016 FMA.
Fellowship, Honors and Awards
1. Chicago Quantitative Alliance Academic Competition, First Prize, 2014.
2. Crowell Memorial Prize by PanAgora Asset Management, Third Prize, 2014
3. Faculty Fellowship, Columbia University, 2008-2014
4. Peking University Undergraduate Award (with highest honor), 2004-2008
5. Presidential Scholarship for Undergraduate Research, Peking University, 2007
Seminar Presentations and Conferences
2016 FIRS, CICF, EFA, FMA†*, Hong Kong University, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2015 Hong Kong University of Science and Technology⃰, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business ⃰, Peking University GSM ⃰, Red Rock Finance Conference†, Northern Finance Association, European Financial Management Association, Wuhan University.
2014 Columbia Business School, PBC School of Finance at Tsinghua University, PanAgora Asset Management, Research Affiliates, Moody’s Analytics, Cornerstone Reserch, The Brattle Group, Analysis Group, Chicago Quantitative Alliance.
*: scheduled, †: presented by coauthor
Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, Journal of Empirical Finance.
Financial Derivative (Master).
Other Professional Activities
Research Assistant, Columbia University
• Joseph Stiglitz, 2010-2013.
• Patrick Bolton, for Sovereign Wealth Fund Research Initiative, 2010-2011.
Summer Intern, Asian Century Quest Capital, 2010.