Bibo Liu is currently assistant dean and associate professor at PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University. Bibo received his PhD in Economics from School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University in 2010, and his bachelor degree in Finance from Tsinghua in 2005. Bibo worked at CITIC Securities before joining the school in 2014.
Bibo’s research focuses on empirical corporate finance. He also works on topics related to Chinese financial markets and behavioral finance. His papers have been published in leading academic journals such as Journal of Financial Economics and Management Science.
Bibo’s research has won several prizes, including the Sunyefang Financial Innovation Award and The Carlye Group PE Fellowship.
PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University
2020 - present Associate Professor (without tenure)
2014 - 2020 Assistant Professor
2018 - present Assistant Dean
CITIC Securities Co., Ltd
2010 - 2014 Vice President, Equity Capital Markets
School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University
2010 Ph.D. in Economics
2005 B.A. in Economics
Empirical Corporate Finance, Behavioral Finance, Chinese Capital Markets
1. Determinants of Short-Term Corporate Yield Spreads: Evidence from the Chinese Commercial Paper Market, (with Jingzhi Huang and Zhan Shi), Review of Finance, forthcoming.
2. Do Venture Capital Investors Learn from Public Markets? (with Xuan Tian), Management Science, forthcoming.
3. Time-Varying Demand for Lottery: Speculation Ahead of Earning Announcements, (with Huijun Wang, Jianfeng Yu, and Shen Zhao), Journal of Financial Economics, 138(3), Pages 789-817, 2020.
4. China's Secondary Privatization: Perspectives from the Split-share Structure Reform (with Li Liao and Hao Wang), Journal of Financial Economics 113(3), Pages 500-518, 2014.
4. Information Discovery in Share Lockups: Evidence from the Split-share Structure Reform in China (with Li Liao and Hao Wang), Financial Management, Winter Volume, Pages 1001-1027, 2011.
6. 常态化防疫阶段我国经济现状与基于科技的应对之策，（合作者：田轩、陈卓）， 中国科学基金，2020 年 6 月
7. 定向增发：大股东支持还是利益输送？（合作者：王浩），中国工业经济，2011 年 10 月
8. 政府参与和民间资本进入风险投资行业的关系研究，（合作者：刘亮），运筹与 管理，2008 年 5 月
9. 道德风险、信息发现与市场有效性—来自于股权分置改革的证据，（合作者： 廖理、郦金梁），金融研究，2008 年 4 月
10. 整合收购研究评述，（合作者：廖理），经济学动态，2007 年 11 月
1. Market Feedback: Evidence from the Horse’s Mouth, (with Itay Goldstein and Liyan Yang), 2022
2. Share Pledging in China: Funding Listed Firms or Funding Entrepreneurship? (with Zhiguo He and Feifei Zhu), 2022
3. Characteristics-Based Factors, (with Zhuo Chen, Huijun Wang, Zhengwei Wang, and Jianfeng Yu), 2020
4. Investor Sentiment and the Pricing of Characteristics-Based Factors, (with Zhuo Chen, Huijun Wang, Zhengwei Wang, and Jianfeng Yu), 2020
5. Rent Seeking, Brokerage Commissions, and Pricing and Share Allocation in Initial Public Offerings, (with Thomas Chemmenur and Xuan Tian), 2018
6. Policy Uncertainty and Household Credit Access: Evidence from Peer-to-Peer Crowdfunding, (with Xiang Li and Xuan Tian), 2018
1. Zhiguo He, Bibo Liu, Economic and Financial Policies in China during the Coronavirus Outbreak, in COVID-19: Collective Learning from the East, eds. Sumit Agarwal, Zhiguo He, and Bernard Yeung, World Scientific Pte Ltd Singapore, forthcoming.
Undergraduate/Master/Executive Education: Financial Markets, Chinese Capital Markets
Master: Venture Capital and Private Equity
Ph.D.: Research Topics in Finance
Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, Review of Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Credit Risk, Journal of Public Economics
AWARDS & GRANTS
2019 2018 Outstanding Employee, Tsinghua University
2015 2014 Sun Yefang Financial Innovation Award
2009 Minoru Kobayashi China Economic Research Fund Grant
2007 The Carlye Group PE Fellowship; Best Paper Award, Tsinghua-Carlye PE Essay Contest